As we trust we have received through Divine grace the Lord Jesus Christ, and have given ourselves wholly to Him, and been united with His Church upon profession of our faith, a precious privilege, as well as duty, we do now solemnly and joyfully covenant with each other, and with the Holy Spirit, engage:
- That we will walk together in brotherly love, be slow to take offense, but always ready for reconciliation, and be mindful of the commands of our Savior to obey them without delay.
- That we will exercise a Christian care and watchfulness over each other, participate in each other’s joy, and with tender sympathy bear one another’s burdens and sorrows.
- The we will assemble ourselves together to seek and pray for the spirituality, harmony, and prosperity of this church, sustaining its worship, ordinances, and doctrines.
- That we will cheerfully contribute of our means, as God has prospered us, for the support of the faithful evangelical ministry among us, for the relief of the poor and to spread the gospel over all the earth.
- That we will strive to practice private and family devotions, diligently educate the children committed to our care in Christian morals and values, endeavor through purity of heart and newness of life to exemplify and commend to all mankind our holy faith, in order to win souls for our Savior and hold fast our faith till He comes and receives us to Himself.