- We believe in the existence of one God, who is the creator and preserver of all things, existing in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament are the Word of God, written by inspiration of His Spirit, and containing a perfect rule of faith and practice.
- We believe that God created man upright in His own moral image; but that man has miserably fallen from that estate and become liable to eternal death, and that in consequence of the fall, all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
- We believe it is only through a genuine faith in Him evinced to be genuine by good works that we can be made partakers of the benefits of His mediation.
- We believe it is by the influence of the Holy Spirit effectually calling, renewing, and sanctifying the soul, that sinners are prepared for the heavenly world.
- We believe in the existence of a visible church to which Christ has given the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper and a system of discipline; and that it is a duty of all in the visible church to observe these ordinances according to the Gospel, and to submit themselves to the discipline which Christ has appointed.
- We believe that all the dead shall be raised and come to judgement, and that the righteous shall be received to everlasting happines and all who die impenitent sentenced to everlasting punishment.
First Congregational Church
P.O. Box 156
355 Main Street
Cromwell, Connecticut 06416-0156